Marshmallow Chocolate Poke Cake is an easy dessert recipe for the serious chocolate lover! Decadent chocolate cake infused with sweetened condensed milk chocolate ganache mixture, covered with marshmallow whipped cream and more chocolate ganache swirled on top. It’s so easy to make, and a huge hit at parties! If you are a chocolate lover, check this decadent Chocolate Poke Cake, too.
Marshmallow Chocolate Poke Cake
This Marshmallow Chocolate Poke Cake is out of this world. So chocolatey, so moist and so amazing! And the best part, It’s so easy to make!
Poke cakes are the best dessert to make when looking for an easy but delicious cake. Everybody loves a beautiful layered cake, but sometimes easy ones are the best way to go.
Poke cakes are defined by the holes that are poked into them and filled with flavor, and there are so many possibilities. The cake base can be chocolate, carrot cake, pumpkin cake, vanilla…You can fill it with pudding, cheesecake filling, but I’m always for chocolate base filled with more chocolate. There’s no such thing as too much chocolate, right?!
This time I did it again. First, I baked rich chocolate cake. To tell the truth, I used a shortcut and made it with a boxed chocolate cake mix. I used Devil’s Food Chocolate Cake. It works perfectly for this kind of recipe. When you poked it and fill with rich and decadent filling, no one would guess it came from a box.
Although I used a cake mix, you can make it from scratch if you have your to-go recipe. Sometimes box cake mix is a wonderful convenience. However, you could also use a regular chocolate mix, but the devil’s food makes this oh-so-chocolatey and I fully recommend it.
For a filling, I made a mixture of sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, and chocolate. This combo tastes better than classic chocolate ganache and better than chocolate fudge. It’s lick- the-bowl-good. I ate it with a spoon.
And for the end it comes the star of the show-marshmallow fluff topping lightened up with whipped cream, swirled with chocolate ganache. Marshmallow whipped cream perfectly balanced all that chocolate. It’s perfection, so balanced and delicious.
Marshmallow Chocolate Poke Cake is an easy dessert recipe for the serious chocolate lover! Decadent chocolate cake infused with sweetened condensed milk chocolate ganache mixture, covered with marshmallow whipped cream and more chocolate ganache swirled on top
- 15.25 oz box Devils Food Chocolate Cake Mix, plus ingredients listed on the box
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
Marshmallow Whipped Cream
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 7 oz. (about 2 cups) marshmallow fluff
For Chocolate Ganache Swirls:
- ½ chocolate chips
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream
- Bake cake according to box directions in a 9×13 cake pan.
- Using a handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes all over the warm cake. Set aside to cool slightly and make the filling.
- Place sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stir until smooth, microwaving more, if needed to melt the chocolate completely. The mixture should be pourable but not too runny. If it’s too thick, reheat it. If it’s too thin, set aside to cool and thick slightly. Transfer the mixture in a measuring jug and pour in the holes. Spread remaining chocolate on top. Set aside to cool, about an hour, then refrigerate until completely cooled.
- To make the topping, whip heavy cream until it begins to thicken, add powdered sugar, and vanilla and whip until stiff peaks form. Gradually mix in marshmallow fluff. Spread the topping over cooled cake.
- Melt ½ cup chocolate chips with 3 Tablespoons heavy cream until smooth. Transfer the mixture in a zip-lock bag, cut off the corner and pipe the chocolate ganache all over the top and use a toothpick or skewer to create a more marbleized pattern of swirls.